Friday, September 19, 2008

baking chocolate chip bars

sometimes subsitutions DO work out! I wanted to start off with that bold statement because after my skinny cookies let me down I was determined to bake something good to statisfy my sweet tooth. I work from home on Thursdays and normally I hit a lull in the afternoon and need something to fix my boredom. Since I always find so many great looking recpies in the blog world I decided to try and attempt one each thursday afternoon. This week it was a great looking chocolate chip cookie bar recipe for none other than Eating Well!

really how can you go wrong with a little bit of flour, chocolate chips and an oven. these sure didn't dissappoint. I couldn't seem to find the recipe again online when I searched so I listed it below:
Chocolate Chip Bars:

  • 2/3 cup of flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbl of Butter (I used Brumel and Brown)
  • 1/4 cup of Fat Free Cream Cheese (the recipe calls for less fat cream cheese but I always use completely fat free and it never seems to effect the outcome)
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chopped up

Pre-heat oven to 375 and spray a 8x12 pan. Stir together flour, bk soda, salt. Melt butter in a sauce pan and then add to cream cheese, sugars and mix well. Add egg and vanilla. Add together with dry ingrediants and stir in chocolate chips. (the batter at this point was very thick) Pour into pan and spread out to cover the pan. Bake for 20-25 mins.

After them came out of the oven and cooled I cut them into bars for all to enjoy. These were a mix of chocolate chip bread and cookies. Erin and her family really enjoyed them, so I guess they passed the test.

0 Comments: