Monday, July 27, 2009

ENGAGED!!!

Yes, yes the blog title (and picture) I'm sure gave it away...WE ARE ENGAGED.

Although that has nothing to do with food it's my blog. I did in fact eat and drink that day...so why not document it :)!!! I'm sure you (and by you I mean my two followers and the random people that might stop on by) won't mind. It's rather romantic.

The day started off with a morning run and upon returning erin informed me that we would be going to the Tower Hill Botanic Garden. sounded good to me. It was actually super close to our apartment. We drove in and it was absolutely beautiful. They have a ton of trails that you can take as well as well as gardens, orchards and an amazing view of Mt.Wachusett. Erin had said she wanted to walk around the grounds and then maybe get a bite to eat in their cafe...or a drink perhaps. she mentioned that on Sunday's they have live piano music on the patio so it sounded good to me! After taking in the grounds we spotted an amazing swing hanging from a huge tree in the middle of a field...all i can say is I am SO glad that I made the somewhat muddy trek to the swing!
A proposal ensued and so did alot of smiles!

After an ample amount of time taking pictures of my amazing ring!!!! we decided to in fact take in the piano music and have a celebratory drink on the patio! They serve their own "tower hill label wine" and offered an amazingly fresh menu. Erin picked a veggie wrap with hummus and fresh fruit (see why i said yes??!!!) and I opted for the fresh blueberry soup.
Check out that presentation:

After a great meal we didn't want the celebrating to end so we decided to head to one of our favorite spots...Nashoba Valley Winery. We have actually discussed getting married here, it's so beautiful, so why not open a bottle of Pinot Gris (a new addition to their line-up!) and show off my new ring! (there was alot of this ring sneaking into fingers this day....;) The weather was perfect to enjoy a bottle on the patio. And make some phone calls to inform some friends and family of our news!
Still not wanting the fun to end we headed home where we opened our bottle of Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs...we had of course been saving this for a "special occasion"!
Garnished with strawberries we toasted to the day...can't wait for a million more!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very happy that you two have found each other and are sharing a life together. It is perfect that you are making it an "official" event.
You are both really wonderful people and I am honored to have you in my circle of loved ones!!

Congratulations again!! Aunt Betsey

Unknown said...

CONGRATUALTIONS GIRLS!!!! so happy for you-so so great!!! Miss you ! i was just thinking about how to find you, and remembered your FAB blog. cracks me up and gives me so many ideas i wanna steal! LOVE IT!

Sounds like you two are having fun and doing amazing! Would love to get together soon, I moved out to somerville and have a ridiclously cute apartment with an incredible view that would be perfect for a lil' gathering! can we please plan something?? call me or message me! 508-320-5728 orrr cwoodruff14@gmail.com

x0x0x your favorite former maxwells entertainer LOL,
caroline!