Friday, August 29, 2008

Homemade Quesadillies, OLE

I love Mexican. I have said that enough in this blog yet?


Erin and I were grocery shopping and I have been wanting to try these wraps that have 12 grams of fiber and after a bit of brainstorming I thought about making our own Quesadillas. Not only do we both love those, but it allows us both to add whatever we want to our own! It also seems that every time we are done grocery shopping I am so unmotivated to cook...maybe i just have too many options at that point.

When we got home I decided to saute a whole bunch of veggies up with a little garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder to soften them before using them in my quesadilla.
My Filling included:
-onions
-green peppers
-purple cabbage (i love the texture this gives everything)
-portabello mushroom cap
-broccoli
-low fat Mexican cheese

Erin opted for just cheese and jalapenos, she would add jalapenos to everything if she could :). We made use of our George Forman Grill and just pressed the wrap in half with our stuffing until they were golden brown (about 3-7 mins). Erin worked the grill as I finished cooking my veggies.

I had made WAY too many veggies for one wrap so erin added the ones she could and I just topped off the quesadilla with the remainder (like a closed, open faced ques.). We also served Fat free sour cream and salsa on the side.

This dish was super simple and super tasty. (we even repeated it two nights later!) Of all the Mexican meals I have tried to create we were both surprised we hadn't attempted these earlier!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Hey punkin,
I really, really love quesadillas and look forward to trying this recipie out. we have a lot of opportunities to try mexican foods out here, as I am sure you can imagine, however, they are probably not to skinny-ing. However, they sure are yummy!! I cant wait to take you to our favorite restaurant, El Palacio mmmmm. yummy. an the margaritas are so delicious!! talk to you soon. love, Aunt Betsey