Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Day of Spring Friday Fling

My AMAZING friend terra was able to snag me a pre-copy of "200 under 200", the new HG cookbook!! I couldn't wait to make something out of it and i had the perfect opportunity when erin had some fellow teachers over for a First day of Spring Friday Fling! (i made that up we didn't really call it that :).

I decided to do the typical spread of cheese/crackers, veggies, hummus, chips, salsa...but decided to throw in two hot dips to round out the table! My first pick was a Crazy-Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip out of the new book. Now she has another spin-artichoke dip from her previous book but this one has some minor changes. I was worried about sharing the recipe before the book came out...but i found it already on her site (it's linked above). Erin was impressed with my photography of this one coming together:

This was super simple, super delisious and super low cal (seriously you can eat an 1/8th of this recipes for 91 calories! and there were more than 8 of us and we had dip leftover!) I didn't add the water chestnuts and I opted to serve mine hot! It was a hit...YEAH! (erin and I had leftovers that weekend...still good :)

The Next dip ended up being another winner: Buffalo Chicken Hot Wing Dip Okay so the minute i got this email I knew it was a "must try" for erin. She loves hot stuff and although not a huge fan of "wings" she loves the boneless! Again this could not have been easier to assemble and it baked at the same tempature as the other dip...perfect! I loved the color that the Frank's hot sauce turned everything!





I love trying new recipes out and was really glad that everyone enjoyed. We had some additions from all our wonderful guests as well: Cranberry goat cheese (thanks Michelle!) and pretzel crackers from joan, the best!


The food was great...but the company was better.
Happy spring!

2 Comments:

Scott said...

I wish we lived closer. FROWNIE FACE!

Terra said...

Thanks for the shoutout! Everything looks delish.