Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Purple Monster

Around the food blog world a Green Monster is a food group in and of it's self! I have seen so many different variations of this "smoothie" that of course I had to try my hand at it!
One morning after a long hot run I opted away from my typical bowl of oats and decided to use up some "last leg spinach". I threw that in my trusty blender along with:
-1 cup of Skim milk
-1 frozen banana (this takes the place of adding ice as well)
-1/4 cup of frozen raspberries
-1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
-1/8 cup of oats (i had read that this gave a good texture to the smoothie...and i'm a texture girl (twss)

As the blender began it was of course green and then...the purple took over. Fine by me!

I have since tried kale in replace of the spinach and although i loved it, its not for the faint of heart. I definitely think kale gives a hearty more green taste to the monster. You can of course also substitute any frozen berries that you have on hand, or are in season.

What color is your monster???

0 Comments: