Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spaghetti Squash Sesame Stir-fry

I purchased a spaghetti squash the other day in anticipation of making one of erin's fall favorites: Spaghetti Squash & Pork Stir-fry. I made this awhile back and since then I haven't been eating meat, other than fish...so I decided to try a little change up and omit the pork and add shrimp!

I started by cutting the large squash in half and then carving out the middle, keeping the seeds. Then I place both sides face down on a cookie sheet and roast the spaghetti squash for about 40 mins at 400 degrees. The good thing about this step is you can even do this the night before and shred the squash for the next day.

As you can see by the last photo that the cooked squash resembles spagetti strands!

Then i went to prepping all the "add ins". The nice thing about Eatingwell is although some of the ingrediants/sauces you might not have on hand, you don't have to use that much and they last forever!!while the squash is cooking I prepped all the "add ins" and got all the sauces out of the cupboard!





All together now:





Of course I didn't miss the pork at all...but the real test...neither did erin!

0 Comments: