Monday, October 27, 2008

Bluegrass and Brews fest!

Erin and I recently (and by recent I literally mean this past weekend) signed for a new apartment. We are really excited about the move and what makes it even more exciting is one of our favorite discoveries since moving back to New England is located just five mins. away.


This past weekend they held a bluegrass and brews festival. Although they are are winery they also have a micro-brewery as well. We tasted some of their beer earlier this summer when we discovered the place and we vowed to make it back for this festival. It did not disappoint. I thought it was only appropriate with all the beer tasting we have been doing to add this to the blog!
When we came for the winery tour we were also offered taste of their beers for free!
Um..yes please!!! Erin strongly remembered like their Wattaquadock Wheat and I of course wanted to sample their seasonal brew, Oakotberfest! The darker of the two is the Oakotberfest. I really loved how light it was for being such an ambered colored beer. They were both really really good!
We went back for 2nds and decided to get another Wheat and a Bolt 117 Lager this time. I made erin drink most of these because I was driving! (that's my oakotberfest on the far left still not finished...I milked it!)
The day was amazing! The weather was warm but crisp and although I never thought I would like Bluegrass music it completely fit with the crowd and vibe of the festival. Erin and I were able to snag a great tall table on the winery porch which made for great people watching. I can't wait for more of their festivals!










1 Comment:

Tina said...

My friends went to this and had a blast! Looks like a great time! :)