Friday, January 25, 2008

Chocolate Cravings

Who doesn't pause after eating dinner sometimes and think...now I would love something sweet to eat! This is always a tough predicament because we work so hard to plan something healthy for dinner and then we STILL want something more. I have a few tricks that I have learned along the way, but today I wanted to tackle that pesky chocolate craving.

At some of my Weight Watchers meetings some people would share that to curb their chocolate cravings they had a Hershey's kiss, or a Weight Watchers cake (which I used for awhile as well, but they are expensive and don't hold very many per box!). However sometimes when I want desert...I want something a bit larger than my pinkie finger.

One of my big discoveries was No Pudge brownies. These treats are amazing. They come in a few different flavors, but I tend to stick to the traditional ones. All you need is a serving size of fat free vanilla yogurt (or plain with the addition of vanilla extract) and the mix. They taste exactly like brownies and are fat free! Erin and I like to add fat free vanilla yogurt to ours to make sundaes. I also have come across the trick of adding a can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) to a mix of regular brownies. I haven't tried this myself but I hear that the results are very similar as well. The No Pudge brownies are a little harder to find, as some grocery stores don't carry them. They are only two points a brownie, so imagine my surprise when I found a WW recipe that looked very similar but only yielded 1 point per brownie!


These Chewy Cupcake Brownies were really good! Erin described them as dense and delicious. I loved that the serving size was a regular cupcake, and not a mini one, and that I already had all the ingredients in my cupboard. These couldn't have been easier and they stayed moist and chewy for the next few days. I do not think that these cupcakes needed any frosting, however some powdered sugar might have been nice.


I must say I didn't miss the extra point that the No Pudge brownies gave, and instead will just add a bit more ice cream to my next sundae.

0 Comments: