Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gingersnap Larabars

okay so in all fairness to the flavor...I was exhausted this morning AND on my way to the gym AND it was freezing but I wanted a bit of sustenance before hittin the treadmill (most mornings i really don't like to have anything before working out other than coffee). I remembered that I had stashed a Gingersnap Larabar in my glove compartment for just this occasion. I knew that I didn't want the whole bar but decided to break off a piece to sample....
I gotta say...
Not my favorite flavor! I actually LOVE ginger too, i eat it raw with sushi, but I just didn't enjoy as much in this form. It definitely tasted like a gingersnap cookie but was a bit dry with the taste then some of the other flavors. After reading the ingrediants I honestly think it was the cloves...

Now I wouldn't completely rule this flavor out, but perhaps it would pair better with a strong cup of coffee or tea...

anyone else a huge fan of this one???

Oh and for the record I still LOVE larabars...i just don't think every flavor is for everyone.

5 Comments:

Elina said...

I love larabars too, but ginger snap was the only one I actually spit out and threw away (sorry for the visual :) ). So cool to find other Boston bloggies! Are you around next week for the Starbucks tea tasting?

Elina said...

Btw, a 50+ pound weight loss? Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just found your blog. Your eats look great. Have you ever tried the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar? It's my favorite!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i added you to my google reader!!

kate said...

YEAH!!! new readers! thanks for the great advice