Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Granola bar goodies

I had been seeing that the blog world has been receiving their tastemaker's Quaker True Delights...and I was getting quite jealous. UNTIL...i arrived home from the gym to a nice little package myself (it looks like my zip code was wrong!). I tore open the envelope and found six samples of the delightful delights! They sent three flavors: Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry, Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut and most intriguing to me was Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond.

Of course I sampled the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond one first! The first thing I noticed was the WHOLE almonds and bits of both chocolate and dried raspberry. It was definitely on the chewy side and was alot sweeter than I thought it would be. I think i would opt to have this more as a dessert. Same goes for the Cashew flavor which I nibbled on my way to the gym this morning. I only ate half because it was a bit too sweet for a morning taste test!



Sadly I have read, and must note myself, that the ingredients aren't as "natural" as say Larabars...As Caitlin put it "if i can't pronounce it I probably shouldn't be eating it..."

These were quite tasty and would definitely hit the spot if you are looking for something somewhat wholesome and still sweet!

0 Comments: