Tuesday, June 2, 2009

can of chickpeas

This is just a quick little post about a quick little snack. I really like nuts (that's what she said) but have seriously limited willpower when it comes to facing down a bowl of trail mix or chips or smartfood (thanks terra!)...so coming up with new (healthier) snack is always a challenge. Now I will pause to say that nuts are very nutrious! Just not MY typical helping :).

I had seen many a recipe for baked chickpeas and one snacky afternoon I thought I would give it a go. I loosely used this recipe for Roasted Chickpeas. Now by loosely I mean I took the temp. suggested and the time they were to roast...other than that I went on my own.
1.I drained a can of chickpeas.
2.sprayed generously with cooking spray.
3.seasoned with various favorite spices (garlic salt, cumin, chipotle).
4.tossed them in the oven for the allotted time (approx. 45 mins)


I liked them! Some did burn a bit, but nothing i couldn't handle! Some were also a bit dry but i think that might have been due to the fact that I omitted the called for oil (big surprise i know!)...but I honestly don't think it was THAT necessary.
Also just want to note that I am now obsessed with wasabi peas as well. (I just thought this would be a good post to mention that)

0 Comments: