Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Morning Snow Storm Smoothie

So sadly I have to work tonight but I woke up wanting to "make" something. I thought about using up some fresh cranberries and making pancakes, but i have to hit up the gym before work and didn't really think that pancakes would sit well on a treadmill run :(

I opted to go with my typical oatmeal and then make a banana smoothie with some frozen bananas i had in the freezer. I love making smoothies, but in the winter it's not a typical occurrence in my kitchen.

I modified a HG
Banana Breeze smoothie and made up my own below (warning title is lame!)

Simple Banana Smoothies: serves two! (1 WW point each)

1 frozen banana (i freeze mine with the peel so just microwave it for 30 secs. to make it peelable)
1 cup of skim milk
6 packets of splenda
1/2 tsp of vanilla
8 ice cubes (i think it always helps to know exactly how many cubes to add for the right consistency!)

These hit the spot with a warm bowl of oatmeal. Erin and i make another smoothie using peanut butter, banana and granola that made her suggest using graham cracker or i thought even gingersnaps to give the smoothie another texture.
the possibilities are endless!

Happy Blending.

0 Comments: